Find your local Federal and State Tax Office here! Not a government website.

Do we take the standard deduction for our house interest payments or do we take 20% of the actual tax amount paid

Q) We live in Grand junction Colorado and bought a house here. We have a mcc a mortgage credit certificate that says we can deduct 20% from our interest paid on our first mortgage. The interest paid is less than the standard deduction. Do we take the standard deduction or do we take 20% of the actual tax amount paid. Tax amount we actually paid is less than the standard deduction.

A) Please consult a local Colorado tax accountant for information regarding your tax deduction options for your house.

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.

58 Responses to Click to Tell Us Your Experience At Your Local Tax Office

  1. I need a call back
    I am being totally harassed by State tax guy
    Named Jason
    For taxes I do not owe
    From a bankrupt company
    He doesn’t call back
    I will take this to court if I have to
    I will not be railroaded

Leave a reply

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming is a private website not a government website. If you have questions on your taxes it is always best to consult with a certified tax accountant in your state. The Tax Relief Helpline is NOT A State Government or IRS service and is not affiliated with